My fee is $110 for each 50-minute session, $120 for the first session. Couples or family therapy is $120 per 50 minutes, though at this time I'm not taking new couples clients. Reduced fee slots are available on a limited basis for those with limited income. Please contact me to discuss.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or Employee Assistance Plan. I am a preferred provider with many health plans, including those listed below, which typically means you will have to pay only your copayment and deductible (if any) at our session -- I will take care of the billing for you. If I am NOT a provider for your health insurance, I will give you invoices you can submit to your plan, and I will help you seek reimbursement. Either way, before we start work together I will be happy to call your insurance plan to help you find out the details and limitations of your coverage.
I am a Preferred Provider for:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beacon Health Strategies
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- CIGNA Behavioral Health
- Choice Care
- Claremont Behavioral Services
- CONCERN EAP
- First Health
- HMSA (Health Management Systems of America) EAP
- Kaiser (if an authorization for outside care can be obtained through Beacon)
- Humana/Choice Care
- LifeSynch Administrators
- Medi-Cal Managed Care (only through Anthem Blue Cross)
- PHCS (Private Health Care Systems)
- Santa Clara County Preferred 100
- USA Health Network
- Value Options(now Beacon)
If you don't see your health plan on this list, contact me. With certain plans such as PPO and POS plans, even though I am not on their network you should be able to recieve insurance reimbursement for a portion of the cost you pay for your services, often 60 - 80% depending on your health coverage.
While I will contact your insurance plan, it is highly recommended that you also contact the plan and get details about your coverage. A quick phone call can save a lot of headaches later, and help you make informed decisions related to your care. Important questions to ask include:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Is the therapist I want to see on your preferred provider list?
- If not, what is my coverage for out-of-network providers?
- What is my in-network and out-of-network deductible and have they been met for the year? (deductible is the amount you need to pay out of pocket before the insurance plan starts paying)
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover with this therapist?
- How much will I be responsible to pay at each therapy session (your copayment or coinsurance)?
- Is preauthorization required before I make an appointment?
Please be prepared to pay at your session. If you are using your insurance, you are still responsible for paying your deductible (if any) and copayment at the session. No bills will be sent to you. Cash and check are accepted for payment, I don't accept credit cards.
I put aside your scheduled appointment time for you, and cannot bill your insurance for a missed session. Therefore, if you do not show up for an appointment or cancel without 24 hours notice, you will be responsbile pay the full cost of the session, not just your copayment (if I am a preferred provider for your insurance plan, the "full cost" may be your preferred provider discounted amount.) Of course, I will make exceptions in cases of emergency or illness where 24 hours advance notice was not possible. If I forget a scheduled appointment, I owe you a free session.
To request a therapy appointment and see if I have availability, email me now.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.